Pages

January Favourites

Sunday, 29 January 2017

I really like watching monthly favourite videos on Youtube. It's a great way to discover new products, books and experiences that others are loving during the month.

Here are a few of my January favourites and there's a definate lean towards stationary :)

My first favourite though, is an online clothing store which my mother loved called Poetry. I remember each season she would peruse the catalogue we received through the mail and tell me about her favourite items. I revisited the Poetry website recently and totally fell in love with their autumn/winter collection, which is on sale at the moment (result!).

The two pieces which have caught my eye are the knitted cotton and wool sweater dress in claret or charcoal, which seems like the ideal "throw on and go" item and the printed silk shirt dress looks lovely too. Although I would love to order both, I am only going to allow myself one of the two, in an attempt not to fill my wardrobe needlessly (which is going to take all the will-power I can muster).

Next is a foodie fav, which is the organic flaxseeds by Linwoods. I have read about the nutrional benefits of flaxseeds in the past, but never tried them. After watching a video by Dr Sam Bunting, she recommended them for good nails, hair and skin...and all round good health, so I thought I'd give them a go. I've been enjoying a spoonful over my cereal for the last few days, as they add a lovely, nutty (or should that be "seedy"?) taste. Flaxseeds are rich in essential fatty acids, usually found in fish, as well as minerals, such as iron and magnesium.

And now its time for stationary: Discovering new stationers should be right up there with other great discoveries....the Americas, the Theory of Relativity...ok, may be a slight exaggeration, but only slightly.

Recently, I have discovered 3, yes 3 new stationary brands and I can hardly contain my excitement. I know one of my new year's resolutions is to curtail unecessary purchases, but of course that doesn't include stationary. But enough of my waffling, the first brand is: Choosing Keeping, which is my idea of stationary heaven, with rustic, muted colours, everything on the site looks shamazing and I am already planning my visit and will report back with my findings....and purchases. The next is a brand which I discovered after buying a greeting card from Liberty and saw that it was made by Nancy and Betty. Of course, I hopped onto their website and saw that they sell quirky stationary items, which, at the moment, are on sale. An order has been placed. This month they are also offering free delivery in the UK.

The last is Papersmiths, which seems more a stationer/newsagent/ikea, which I am totally fine with. I havent had a chance to take a proper look, but no doubt during my lunch break at work tomorrow, I will be having a browse, whilst trying to ignore Geraldine and her quips (not an easy task)

Have a great February!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS