Pages

Operation Black Friday

Sunday, 20 November 2016

Ok, so I told myself, friends and colleagues that I wouldnt fall pray to the hype about Black Friday....and then I woke up. Its that time of year again and I am prepping my sales wishlist and its chock-full of goodies :) I'm hoping to stick rigidly to my list and not buy things just to satiate my "bargain-hunter" instinct (lets see if it works and I dont end up with a neon pink, faux fur coat, just because its 70% off).

The best advice I ever read about sales shopping is prep, prep and prep some more. That is, do your research and go into stores from now, try on the items of clothing or shoes you want, to check what size is best. If you're after a new bag (as am I), find one you like from now and in which colour, style, etc. It will save time and injury on the day, as the mass scrum for bargains will arouse the inner beast in many a timid creature and scenes of shoppers being pushed and shoved for the sake of a discount pair of socks is not uncommon. Black Friday is not the time for a leisurely browse.

Shopping online is also a good option: Often retailers start discounting their stock early and of course online shopping is 24/7, so come Thurs night, yours truly will be sat in her cosey pjs, with a mug of mint tea (obvs), debit card in hand, at my laptop to see if I can tick a few items off my list a bit early. No doubt I will go into work the next day more blurry eyed than usual, but hey, at least I can rejoice that I managed to nab that cashmere sweater at 40% off. Aah, Bisto.

Right, enough of my ramblings, time to share what's made my Black Friday list ("if its not on the list, its not coming in"...to my closet, that is).

1. Zara Coat 
I saw this coat on my lunch break last week, as I have a small branch of Zara near to where I work. Of course *Geraldine, a work colleague, had asked me to pick up a sandwich for her lunch that day, so I didnt have the time to try the coat on (Hell hath no fury like Geraldine not having lunch on time). So yesterday I decided to pop along to Zara to try it on and I was really pleased with the fit. Its not made of wool, so its not the warmest of coats, but the shape is slightly cocooning, which is what I'm after.

2. COS Scarf
Another one? I hear you say. Yes indeedy, but in shades of dark navy and green. I am a self-confessed scarf addict...so sue me :)

3. L.K. Bennett Shoes
I have been looking for a pair of black ballet flats for a while now and these are perfect. Both the black and blush pair are on my list.

4. Topshop Lace Top
This is one of the those items that makes you gush over its simplicity and cuteness. With black trousers for work its just the right mix of feminine/masculine and very reasonably priced, even before the sale.

5. Burberry Check Scarf
Enough said.

6. Zara Floral Dress
Simple cut, but a beautiful, opulent print. Hope to pick this up at the same time as the coat mentioned above.

Perhaps there may be a few additions in the coming days, but all in all I am pleased with what I have chosen. Let the Black Friday Feeling commence!


*Disclaimer: Geraldine is a fictional name for my sidekick at work...you know who you are :P
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS