Pages

mellow fruitfulness

Sunday, 18 September 2016

Autumn and Winter are my favourite seasons and this year it was even more eagerly anticipated due to the unseasonably warm weather we have had here in the UK. I rarely express my disdain for summer to people I know, for fear of a vitriolic backlash. Now the new season is finally upon us and I can display my giddyness (is that even a word?) with aplomb for all the new pieces I hope to add to not only my wardrobe, but my kitchen cupboard and pencil case. Not to mention the vibrant, autumnal colours displayed by the natural landscape which surrounds us. 

The first purchase which I must admit I acquired back in July (now that is eagerness) came in the form of a Boden sweater in deep burgundy with button detail This was swifty followed by a black cardigan from COS with yet again more button details (are you sensing a theme here?). It has a wrap front and left undone, creates a beautiful drape.

I have recently started a HR course to enhance my job prospects, so naturally it meant new stationary (no really, it did),  and so, whilst browsing the aisles of WH Smith I came across the wonder of the Papermate Inkjoy pen which I swatched on the back of my hand in the shop as one would with a lipstick. My assignments have never looked so good. 

When I awoke yesterday morning and opened my living room window, as I do everyday, a smile spread across my face when a chilly breeze entered the room. Autumn is finally here 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS